Double Cheese & Ham Quiche
This hearty quiche is easy to throw together and makes a comforting meal for the whole family after a busy vacation day. The best part? Leftovers heat up for a delicious breakfast the next morning! Just another reason you should stay at Floridays Resort in Orlando, all of our suites come with a full-size kitchen!
- 1 1/3 cups cracker or tortilla chip crumbs (about 1 sleeve of crackers)
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon or honey mustard
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt and 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese (about 1/4 pound), divided
- 1 cup chopped ham (about 5 ounces)
- 4 scallions, roughly chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together crumbs and butter. Press mixture into a standard (9") pie pan to form the crust's bottom and sides; bake 10 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together milk, cottage cheese, mustard, salt, pepper, and eggs. Scatter 1/2 cup cheese over bottom of crust, then pour in egg mixture.
4. Toss remaining 1/2 cup cheese with ham and scallions, then scatter over eggs, pressing down gently.
5. Place a tray on the bottom rack of the oven to catch drips, then bake quiche on middle rack until eggs are set and top is golden, about 50 minutes.