Summer Penne with Tuna, Plum Tomatoes, & Olives
A light and refreshing all-in-one meal perfect after spending your days in the Florida sun. Relax in your 2 or 3 bedroom suite at Floridays Resort with this Mediterranean dish.
- 1 package penne pasta
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 large, ripe plum tomatoes, cut into rough chunks
- 1 Tbsp. white wine
- 2 cans tuna in olive oil
- Desired Amount of Black olives , pitted and quartered
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1. Bring a large pot of water with 1/2 tablespoon salt to a boil. Drop in pasta; stir it around.
2. Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-low heat; sauté onion 3 to 4 minutes, until limp. Add garlic and tomatoes and sauté for another minute. Splash in wine and cook down, about 4 minutes. Break up tuna, dropping chunky flakes into the pan. Stir in olives.
3. Add at least 1/4 cup pasta water to the sauce. When pasta is al dente, strain and transfer it to the pan. Stir to combine, and cook for a minute. Add salt to taste if needed and more pasta water if sauce is too dry. Spoon pasta with sauce into a bowl, and scatter parsley on top.